Why ignorance is worse than cultural appropriation
- Some ignorant girl: You shouldn’t wear that dia de los muertos dress that’s cultural appropriation against mexicans!
- Me: But I am mexican.
- Some ignorant girl: No you’re not then why is your skin white?!
- Me: Because your ancestors raped my people.
- Some ignorant girl: Oh I uh….
"just don’t have anxiety" oh thanks you fucking cured me
- What I say: I suffer from clinical depression, and I have little to no control over it, but I am getting help and have a supportive family.
- What ignorant people hear: I am complaining about nothing and making this up for attention and pity, I am choosing to feel miserable so I can make excuses and make things harder for myself, I have absolutely no gratitude for the things in my life I have to be happy about, I am lazy and useless, I am going to snap someday and murder people, I want to give up on life and I don't care what any of you think about it.
- Stranger: What do you like to read?
- Me: Young adult fiction.
- Stranger: Oh.
- Me: What?
- Stranger: That's like all vampires and stuff? Aha.
- Me: You saying that about young adult fiction is like saying all "adult" fiction is like Fifty Shades of Grey.
I showed some classmates pictures from silicone mermaidtails (from Mertailor). They liked them and loved alle the pretty model pictures.
But, of course, when they saw Eric Ducharme (the owner and creator of Mertailor) they thought guys with a tail look awkward, unnatural, not pretty, gay etc….
Like they where totally ignoring the fact, that mermaids somehow need to reproduce. Even in “The little Mermaid” are mermen.
That’s the same bullshit with people who think only women (should) wear kimonos.
How is that “uglier” than a female with a tail?